Get Started in Graphic Design
Graphic Design is a two-year, lockstep program that leads to an Associate of Applied Science Degree and a strong employment outlook. It focuses not only on fundamental design skills, but it also integrates emerging technologies and keeps students current by continually evolving and responding to industry needs and standards.
Entry into the program is competitive. New students are only admitted for Fall Quarter, which ensures the development of a tight cohort for the duration of the program.
- Be eligible for Math 081 Pre-Algebra and English 101 Composition. To show that you meet these requirements, you can either take a placement test or provide transcripts from any previously attended accredited institution(s).
Steps to Enroll
- Attend a Graphic Design Information Session or contact the department for more information (strongly recommended).
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes submitting an application and placement for classes (testing and/or transcript evaluation).
- Meet with an Advisor to evaluate your eligibility, issue the proper form and open a file with the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences office.
- Students wishing to enter the program must submit an entrance portfolio that will be evaluated by faculty members in the Graphic Design program.
- Once your entrance portfolio has been approved, you have completed the application process for the Graphic Design program. Your name will be added to the list at the next update.
Skill Requirements / Portfolio Review
Students wishing to enter this program must also submit an entrance portfolio that will be evaluated by faculty members in the Graphic Design program. Students are not eligible to enter the program until their portfolio has been approved.
Once your entrance portfolio has been approved you have completed the application process to the Graphic Design Program. Your name will be added to the list at the next update.
Portfolio review dates for Fall 2021
- Winter 2021 – February 8th – 12th, 2021
- Spring 2021 – May 10th – 14th, 2021
Please email your portfolio to email@example.com as a PDF file with a maximum size of 20MB. If you have a website, you may include the URL, but we will not consider applications without a PDF, essay, and composition exercise.
We strongly recommend that you attend an Open House about this program at your earliest convenience. Open House is scheduled during the 5th week of each quarter from 5:30 to 6:30 pm. You may drop-in anytime and no RSVP is required.
- Winter 2021 – February 3rd – 5:30 to 6:30pm
Topic: Winter 2021 Info Session
Time: Feb 3, 2021 05:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/94450454707
- Spring 2021 – May 5th – 5:30 to 6:30pm
Topic: Spring 2021 Info Session
Time: May 5, 2021 05:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/93035428965
Enrollment and Registration
Prospective students on the Approved List will be contacted by e-mail late in Spring Quarter. The program will be filled in the order applicants were placed on the Approved List. If the program reaches capacity before we are able to offer you a position, you will be invited to declare your wish to remain available to fill any late openings, or defer to the following year.
DEFERRAL: Students on the Approved List may defer entry by one year with an email request to the Division Office. This can be done only one time, at that time no further process will be necessary.
For more information, please visit Seattle Central Creative Academy program website.