Get Started in Graphic Design
Graphic Design is a two-year, lockstep program that leads to an Associate of Applied Science Degree and a strong employment outlook. It focuses not only on fundamental design skills, but it also integrates emerging technologies and keeps students current by continually evolving and responding to industry needs and standards.
Entry into the program is competitive. New students are only admitted for Fall Quarter, which ensures the development of a tight cohort for the duration of the program.
- Be eligible for Math 081 Pre-Algebra and English 101 Composition. To show that you meet these requirements, you can either take a placement test or provide transcripts from any previously attended accredited institution(s).
Steps to Enroll
- Attend a Graphic Design Information Session or contact the department for more information (strongly recommended).
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes submitting an application and placement for classes (testing and/or transcript evaluation).
- Meet with an Advisor to evaluate your eligibility, issue the proper form and open a file with the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences office.
- Students wishing to enter the program must submit an entrance portfolio that will be evaluated by faculty members in the Graphic Design program.
- Once your entrance portfolio has been approved, you have completed the application process for the Graphic Design program. Your name will be added to the list at the next update.
Skill Requirements / Portfolio Review
Students wishing to enter this program must also submit an entrance portfolio that will be evaluated by faculty members in the Graphic Design program. Students are not eligible to enter the program until their portfolio has been approved.
Once your entrance portfolio has been approved, you have completed the application process to the Graphic Design Program. Your name will be added to the list at the next update.
Portfolio review dates for Fall 2024
- Fall 2023 – October 30th – November 3rd, 2023
- Winter 2024 – February 5th – 9th, 2024
- Spring 2024 – May 6th – 10th, 2024
- Summer 2024 – July 22nd – 26th, 2024
Please email your portfolio to email@example.com as PDF file with a maximum size of 20MB.
We strongly recommend attending an Open House about this program at your earliest convenience. Open House is scheduled at the beginning of each quarter from 5:30 to 6:30 pm on the fifth floor of the main building. You may drop in anytime, and no RSVP is required.
- Fall 2023 – October 18th
- Winter 2024 – January 25th
- Spring 2024 – April 24th
Enrollment and Registration
Prospective students on the Approved List will be contacted by e-mail late in Spring Quarter. The program will be filled in the order applicants were placed on the Approved List. Suppose the program reaches capacity before we can offer you a position. In that case, you will be invited to declare your wish to remain available to fill any late openings or defer to the following year.
DEFERRAL: Students on the Approved List may delay entry by one year with an e-mail request to the Division Office. This can be done only once; at that time, no other process will be necessary.
For more information, please visitSeattle Central Creative Academy program website.