Get Started in Apparel Design & Development
Whether you're a current student at Seattle Central College or an interested applicant, it’s never been easier to start training for a rewarding career. Once you meet the eligibility requirements and are accepted into the program, you can begin your Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in the Fall Quarter. Get started today!
- Satisfy the writing, reading comprehension and math components of the college admissions test (must be eligible for ENGL&101 English Composition I and MATH084 Algebra I).
- Show computer competency by completing BTM 111 Business Application I; or BTM 101 (MS Word) & BTM 102 (MS Excel); or taking the SAM Challenge test.
- Demonstrate intermediate sewing skills by successfully completing prerequisite skill development courses (APPRL 096, APPRL 098 and APPRL 100) before enrolling in the program. These prerequisite courses must be taken sequentially. These courses are expected to be offered:
- Apparel 096 – Fall, Winter
- Apparel 098 – Winter, Spring
- Apparel 100 – Spring, Summer
You may be able to test out of APPRL 096 and/or APPRL 098 if you have significant experience using industrial sewing machines and are familiar with patternmaking. However, APPRL 100 must be taken by any student wanting to enter the program (extremely limited exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis). Testing arrangements can be scheduled week 4-6 of Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters. Contact Rebecca Johnston at 206.934.3223 or Rebecca.Johnston@seattlecolleges.edu to make an appointment.
Steps to Enroll
- Attend a Apparel Design & Development Information Session
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing and transcript evaluations to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Meet with an Advisor to evaluate your eligibility, issue the proper form and open a file with the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences office.