Get Started in Apparel Design & Development
Whether you're a current student at Seattle Central College or an interested applicant, it’s never been easier to start training for a rewarding career. Once you meet the eligibility requirements and are accepted into the program, you can begin your Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in the Fall Quarter. Get started today!
- Satisfy the writing, reading comprehension and math components of the college admissions test (must be eligible for ENGL&101 English Composition I and MATH084 Algebra I).
- Show computer competency by completing BTM 111 Business Application I; or BTM 101 (MS Word) & BTM 102 (MS Excel); or taking the SAM Challenge test.
- Demonstrate intermediate sewing skills by successfully completing prerequisite skill development courses, APPRL096 / APPRL098 / APPRL100 (recommended) or APPRL 099 Summer Intensive before enrolling in the program. The APPRL096 / APPRL098 / APPRL100 courses must be taken sequentially. These courses are expected to be offered:
- Apparel 096 – Fall, Winter
- Apparel 098 – Winter, Spring
- Apparel 100 – Spring, Summer
- Apparel 099 Intensive – Summer
Please see more details on preparing for the pre-requisite classes and enrolling in the two year program here http://schoolofappareldesignanddevelopment.com/about/enrollment-information/
For questions please email Rebecca Johnston at Rebecca.Johnston@seattlecolleges.edu
- Attend a Apparel Design & Development Information Session
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing and transcript evaluations to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Meet with an Advisor to evaluate your eligibility, issue the proper form and open a file with the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences office.